China Historic Bonds

There are no items in your cart.


1908 TPK £100 HSBC

1908 TPK £100 HSBC Image

CHB Ref: 1908/5TPK/£100/HSBC
Kuhlmann: 170

1908 - 5% Tientsin-Pukow Railway 1908

Capital: £5,000,000
Denomination: £100
Series: London
No Issued: 11,100
Serial From: 19,501 - 30,600
Arrangers: Hongkong & Shanghai Banking Corporation

Dimensions of the Bond:
510 x 330 mm

This loan was arranged by the Hongkong & Shanghai Banking Corporation on behalf of the Chinese
Central Railways who handled 37% of the loan and by the Deutsch-Asiatische Bank which handled the remaining 63%. A total of £5,000,000 was offered as follows:

- £1,110,000 at 98 ½% by Hongkong & Shanghai Corporation in London March 1908
- £1,890,000 at 98½% by Deutsch-Asiatische Bank in Berlin March 1908
- £740,000 at 100% by Hongkong & Shanghai Corporation in London June-September 1909
- £ 1,260,000 at 100% Deutsch-Asiatische Bank in Berlin June-September 1908

The purpose of the loan was for the construction of a railway connecting the existing railway system in North China to the Shanghai-Nanking railway system. The loan was secured by a first charge on Iikin revenues and on native customs revenues of the provinces of Chihli, Shantung and Kiangsu. The net revenues of the railway line were to be applied to service the loan and any surplus was to have been deposited with the Banks, which countersigned the loans in Tientsin or Shanghai.

Your Price:$200.00
Weight:0.030 lbs
Choose from 1 to 18: