China Historic Bonds

There are no items in your cart.

 
 

1937 TPK SCRIP TPS16

1937 TPK SCRIP TPS16 Image

CHB Ref: 1937/5TPK/£12/DAB/SCRIP
Kuhlmann: TPS 16

Scrip Certificate for a 1938 Non-Interest Bearing Sterling Funding Bond for £12 : 0 : 0.


(Relates to: 5% Tientsin-Pukow Railway Loans of 1908 and 1910)

Loan Capital:
£5,000,000
Denomination of SCRIP: £12 : 0 : 0
Series: German
No Issued:
Serial From:

Arrangers: Deutsch-Asiatische Bank

This original loan was arranged by the Hongkong & Shanghai Banking Corporation on behalf of the Chinese Central Railways who handled 37% of the loan and by the Deutsch-Asiatische Bank which handled the remaining 63%. A total of £5,000,000 was offered as follows:

- £1,110,000 at 98 ½% by Hongkong & Shanghai Corporation in London March 1908
- £1,890,000 at 98½% by Deutsch-Asiatische Bank in Berlin March 1908
- £740,000 at 100% by Hongkong & Shanghai Corporation in London June-September 1909
- £ 1,260,000 at 100% Deutsch-Asiatische Bank in Berlin June-September 1908

The purpose of the loan was for the construction of a railway connecting the existing railway system in North China to the Shanghai-Nanking railway system. The loan was secured by a first charge on Likin revenues and on native customs revenues of the provinces of Chihli, Shantung and Kiangsu. The net revenues of the railway line were to be applied to service the loan and any surplus was to have been deposited with the Banks, which countersigned the loans in Tientsin or Shanghai.

Your Price:$29.00
Weight:0.020 kg
1